The point to this website is to provide, in my small and misguided way, some humor to the veterinary profession. Our books are either as dry as dust or often angle to the sentimental. Our magazines fill us with all the information and blah-blah-blah knowledge that we better internalize or else. And that’s fine if that’s what you need. If you learn anything from this site, my job here will have been a failure. After a particularly trying day, or case, or client, I hope you can come here, peruse the cartoons and find something to chuckle about.
Cartoons will be updated monthly, so keep coming back!
Attention Parents of Veterinary Students!
Attention Parents of Pre-Veterinary Students!
The books From the Back Row and Vet Med Spread are the best gifts you can give your student. They are more than just books, they are a survival guide. Next to tuition it is the best investment you can make for your student - so click on our Products page above or the links provided. Thanks!
As all of the content on this site is free, but does require time, effort, and finances to continue and maintain, here are a few ways you can help support FunnyVet.com:
2) If you wish a print with an original signature on card-stock paper of your favorite cartoon from this website, just send your request as above. The charge is $5 per cartoon plus shipping and handling. If there is a particular cartoon that reminds you of your own clinic or someone you know, you can contact me here and I can substitute names within cartoons, or even whole captions if you wish, therefore personalizing it for you. The charge is the same as above. Shipping and handling shouldn't be too expensive and depends on where you are located. Makes a great gift!
3) Buy a book! Click on the book images on the Home page and order as many as you want! Great gift idea for pre-vet students, current vet students, or for your favorite veterinarian. If you wish to bulk order, contact me here and arrangements can be made for discounts and shipping and handling.
4) Check out our artwork on CafePress.com! All content is original and all proceeds go to keeping FunnyVet.com solvent. And, yes, there is a direct correlation between how much money FunnyVet receives and how humorous the content is. Really. So buy a mug, a shirt, a mousepad......whatever. Makes for great gifts too!
5) Tell a friend! Let everyone you know about this free website. We have no advertising budget, so I rely on each of you to get the word out. We're like PBS - content is made because of viewers like you! I enjoy the participation and the opportunity to lighten someone's day.
7) A lot of our funny cannot be contained in this one website, so you'll find other good stuff by FunnyVet at Smashwords.com. Here you'll find some illustrated children's books, some veterinary related, and a four volume cartoon/humor book that we're quite proud of: The Incomplete Dog Book - Nothing You Ever Wanted To Know About Dogs.